Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What's my Motto

Luke told me last night that he learned a new word of the day. It was shrink. My mom explained the meaning while I was returning a shirt to Walmart that had shrunk. Anyway, after he told me the word, he told me it was his Motto. I don't think he knows what motto means, but it got me thinking. What is my motto?

I have a piece of paper taped to my bulletin board that says, "Environment of Grace". I guess I am hoping that is my motto. That is how I want to live my life. That is what I want people around me to feel when they come into my presence. I don't know where I heard it from, but I liked it and have had it up for a while. I had forgotten it and it has been covered over with the phone number for Zach's school and some pictures of the kids. But I need to remember it. When Nathan comes home from work, does he feel an environment of grace, or a crazy stressed out family waiting to pounce on him when he comes in the door? Do my kids feel like they can mess up and not have mom yell at them for their mistakes? Do I surround the people I love most with the grace of Christ? I think I need to uncover the card and take the time each day to read it. I need to pray for the strength and courage to give grace to those around me. I want that to be my motto. Shoot- Let's put it on my tombstone. Amy Cherry- Lived in an environment of grace. She was a supermom and a supermodel. (I'll be dead, who will know?)

No comments:

Post a Comment