Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Move

We finally moved Joshua to a crib in another room. It sounds silly, but I cried. I am blessed to have a husband, who instead of laughing at me for crying about moving Josh out, rubbed my back and assured me that he would be okay. I know he was fine. I could hear his every breath because the monitor was on high so I could jump up at a moments notice. My heart was sad to have him go. I know it is just the next room, but it was still hard. It was a first step at letting him go. Letting go is hard. But I am just taking it one day at a time, one step at a time. I have to practice now because one day there will be a bigger separation than the one wall that keeps us apart now. One day I will have to let each of my boys make their own choices and live their own lives apart from me. So each day I am practicing letting them go. Releasing them. Letting them choose what show to watch on tv, letting them decide who's hand to hold across the street, and as small as it might seem, letting Josh sleep in a different room.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know moms still do this with their third child. I guess I probably will too. I'm glad you're writing, Amy. I miss you just a smidge less when you tell your stories and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete