Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I cleaned out two drawers.

There are days like today when nothing gets done. My baby got shots yesterday and ran a fever today and only wanted to be held. The other kids were still testing the boundaries of summer vacation and I needed to be the referee for them. So when Nathan came home from work, I looked like a frazzled mess, the house looked like kids had played in it all day, and I needed a break. I feel like I have accomplished nothing today. I did manage to get two of my five drawers of my dresser cleaned out. Wowee! At this rate, I am going to have the whole house cleaned in two years. Nathan doesn't ask what I have done to make sure I have done things, just to have something to talk about, but I always feel like I should give a list of the things that I have produced. I guess I am still learning that I have worth because I am rather than because I can produce. Do I love my kids any more if they do something for me (NO) or do I love them just because they are?(Yes) That is how God sees me. That is how Nathan sees me. So that is how I should see myself. I have value whether the house gets cleaned or not. I have worth. I will keep repeating that to myself and who knows maybe tomorrow I will get the last three drawers cleaned out. (I have high hopes for tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment