Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Passing Moment

There was a moment today when I felt like super mom. The kids were out of school and they played nicely together. When I could hear the grumbling beginning, I headed off the fighting with a trip outside. We made a picnic lunch which everyone helped prepare and then we ate out in the backyard. When they were done eating, we had an impromtu scavenger hunt and finished off with a trip down to feed the goats our fruit scraps. I convinced them that an afternoon of coloring thank you notes and a pictures would be a great time and we ended the time with making our own crayons out of all the broken crayons. I was so proud of myself. And maybe that is where we ran into trouble. The afternoon and evening ended with much crying. I don't know what happened. But it snapped. The kids got broken. The peaceful time of the morning was gone. Instead I became a frazzled mama trying to keep her sanity and keep the rules of the house. Although the morning is gone, I am going to cling to that moment. There are moments when I feel like I am failing as a mom and there are moments of joy at the job that I am doing. Today was both. I need both. One to keep me humble and one to keep me going.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful place over here, Amy! And how I can relate to that post! I have had many days filled with feelings of failure mixed with incredibl joy. It is all part of being a mom, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete