Monday, February 27, 2012

Life on the Other Side

We have two new members of our family. Storm and Shadow. They are pygmy goats. They are two sweet boy goats that we got online. They are so gentle and kind to the boys which is why they are keepers. Our middle son counted them as part of our family now. As he counted off all the names there they were. Storm and Shadow listed right after grandma and grandpa. I told him not to let Grandma hear him call them family members. But they have already been a great addition to our home.

Their main job is to mow, I mean eat everything. As I had them up in our backyard this afternoon, I was struck by the way they would eat. They would stretch their necks to eat the grass under the fence. It was the same grass that all around their feet and all over the hill they were standing on, but they wanted the grass on the other side of the fence.

So I moved them. I put them on the other side of the fence and what did they do? They stretched back under to the side they had just come from and tried to eat from the other side. I couldn't believe it.

But that's how I am too. There is always something better over there. There is always one more thing that I need and then I will be happy or have enough.

God, help me to not be like my silly goats. Help me to be content with what I have, or what I drive, or what I don't have. God, you are my shepherd and you have placed me here on this side of the fence. You know my needs and you meet them. Thank you for watching over me each day. I rest in you knowing that you will guide me and supply all my needs. Help me to not look over the fence, but to keep my eyes focused on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment