Saturday, March 17, 2012

I Am Loved

As a mom, I am a helper. I help get the kids going. I take care when people are sick. I help care for the animals. I help make the meals for everyone. I help everyone. Except for today. Today I am hurt. I am hurt so much that I cannot help. I cannot help anyone. I cannot even help myself. My family is having to help me. Help me get a drink of water. Help me put on my shoes. Help me put on my pajamas. It is so hard. It is hard having to watch and listen as my family functions and keeps going without my help. If it was one of them, I would willingly work for them, but it is hard for me to accept their help for me. I feel terrible laying here reading a book, while my husband gives the baths. I feel awful knowing that my mom is doing the dishes. It is a bit of humble pie. I am humbled because I have to let others do for me. I have to get over myself and know that they can do without me. I have to let it go and know that they are doing for me because they love me, not because of what I can do for them, but because of who I am. This is something that I am learning about God too. He loves me as I am, who I am at this moment, not because I can help Him or further his Kingdom, but because I am his child. He loves me whether I teach Sunday School or not. He loves me whether I lead a small group or not. He loves me for me. And my family is showing me that today. They love me for me. Just me laying here. Just because I am part of their family. Isn't that a great thing? I am going to try and remember that everyday. I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment