Thursday, September 23, 2010

I've been using the "Think" System on you from the Parlor

"I've been using the think system on you from the parlor" is a quote from one of my favorite movies "The Music Man". The "Think" system is where you think the thought in your mind and you can do it (if you think the song in your head, you can play it). I have been using the think system on my kids recently. In our house of 3 boys, there is more talk of Star Wars and zero talk of Music Man, so maybe I have been using "the force" on my kids. Either way, I am doing it.

I have been working on math with Zachary and I find myself everyday thinking the number in my head and repeating it over and over hoping that he will say or write the number I am thinking. Sometimes he gets it and sometimes he doesn't.

I can't help but wonder if God doesn't use the think system on me. Does He see me coming to a fork in the road and keep repeating "take the right one"? When I enter into a conversation, does He say the words that I should say over and over hoping that those words will come out of me? My prayer today is this, "God keep using the think system on me. I am trying. Help me to hear the words and make the choices that you would want me to make."

No comments:

Post a Comment