Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Day of Thankfulness

There are times when I have felt so strongly the grace of God in my life. When Zach was two and a half, he wandered away from our campsite by a river. We each thought the other person had him. We found him a few sites down playing in the dirt, not floating in the river. Grace. Last month, Luke stopped running when I screamed stop, as a car that was backing out, almost hit him. Grace. The other day Josh got a hold of some marbles and put them in his mouth. Grace.

Today, we woke to the news of a terrible of the earthquake in Chile, where my sister lives. I have now found that she is fine, but her apartment is no longer safe to live in or go into. Grace.

We did not deserve to have our family to go unscathed in these instances. Grace. We live in a constant state of grace. Some days I can see it a bit easier. There are some days when the only prayer that I can pray is "Thank you God." There are no other words. Do you think He grows tired of hearing that? Do I ever grow tired of hearing those words from my kids? No. Never.

Thank you God. Thank you for giving us another day with each other. Thank you for the breath that I have in me today. Thank you for sending Jesus so that we have no fear of death. Thank you God.

1 comment:

  1. You still know how to make your Dad cry. I love you. We didn't deserve you. Grace!

    ReplyDelete