Friday, May 29, 2009

The Diaper Change

Right now my three year old is running around the house with no pants or pull up on. Just a bare bottom. He is revolting against the pull up. I am revolting against the diaper. He doesn't like the change from the diaper to anything else. So we are having a standoff. I want him to go on the potty. He is so used to the diaper and that feeling that he is having a hard time with the change. So here we are.

Isn't that the way I am with things? I don't like the feel of something new (a new routine, a new way of thinking about myself , a new conviction from God) so I revolt. I don't see the good in the new. I only can feel the change and it makes me uncomfortable.

So like Luke, I have to get used to the feeling of something new. I have to try it out a few times for a short while and then I will begin to like it. And hopefully like using the potty, it will become routine and a part of my daily life. Until then, let's all pray for the standoff to end peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment